Senior Backend Engineer - Green Energy Platform
This job has been filled.
We’re building a platform to offer 100s of green energy products to help consumers monitor their carbon footprint and switch to alternatives within Travel and Mobility, Home and Living, Lifestyle and Consumables and Food and Water. All easily switched over within the application. We are backed by angels who founded unicorn companies and our three founders include a CTO from a challenger bank, CEO who is a Serial Founder & Techcrunch Disrupt Winner, and COO of two previous utilities companies.
We want to empower people to:
● Make sustainable decisions
● Switch to renewable and green energy sources
● Take climate action change
● Reduce GHG emission by collaborative actions
● Reforest planet and restore biodiversity
Likely Tech Stack:
- Dominant backend language: Python
- Also: React, iOS ( Swift ), Android ( Kotlin )
- Docker, Kubernetes ( later ), Datadog, Cloudflare, Github, CI/CD ( not selected yet ),
As Senior Backend Engineer you will assist the CTO in the architecture and development our our MVP. Eventually will be looking to build serverless architecture deployed on AWS.
We follow Continuous integration and continuous deployment so CI/ CD experience including automation, code reviews, and TDD are all important.
Good knowledge of design principles will also be an advantage.
● Design, build and maintain clean and reusable code
● Contribute to the architecture
● Integrate data storage infrastructure like MySQL and NoSQL databases.
● Integration with the front-end with server-side logic - low priority for now.
● Feature delivery for the consumer facing side of the application
● Identify and fix bugs
● We work using agile methodologies in a cross functional team.
● Experience with modern web applications and test frameworks
● Good understanding of Python and other OOP languages.
● Basic understanding of front-end development
● Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
● Write clean, well tested, reusable, well documented code
● Range of design principle knowledge behind scalable applications
● Able to create database schemas that represent and support processes
● Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools ( GIT )
● Experienced with setting up continuous integration
● Familiar working with cloud automation would be a plus
● DevOps tools like docker and/or kubernetes
Good cause - combating climate change and enabling sustainability.
Greenfield Project - Join us at the beginning of building our platform.
Relocation support - for citizens of EU and European Economic Area states.
Share options - 7 figure seed round and a leadership team consisting of 3 serial entrepreneurs
Generous package - competitive within the Vienna market.