Senior Data Analyst (M/F/X)
This job has been filled.
We need a Senior Data Analyst to generate business insight which will directly impact decision making across multiple business units. This includes best practices for decision making, supply chain management, storage, reporting and analysis.
Our cross functional team's goal is to enable to business to make data-driven decisions on a variety of problems and datasets. We believe in giving complete ownership of the analytics funnel from recommendations, measuring the results and providing insights.
We are an online marketplace in the travel industry and have been well covered in the press for our growth, investment and domination of the sector in Europe. We now have 100s of people working in our Berlin office and big expansion plans for the future as we go from continental leader to global leader.
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product and business decisions and strategy
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities and issues, and present findings to stakeholders
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the product teams and the data engineering team
- Mentor others in the skills needed for this role
- Evidence you can create impact through insights you have generated.
- Understanding of how to provide analytics to stakeholders to enable better decision making
- Have worked in an eCommerce or online marketplace product.
- Experience interpreting data in an analytics, data science or business intelligence role.
- Good SQL programming skills.
- Experienced with R or Python.
- Worked on data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker or Jupyter Notebooks.
- Prioritise user behavior and meaning behind the numbers
- Desire to work in an international team (we have over 70 nationalities)
Nice to have:
- Big data tools like Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Industry leading team from some of the best online product companies so you can learn from each other and work in a highly competent environment
- Encouraged to take ownership so you can take pride in your achievements here.
- Work on a platform which impacts millions of customers around the world
- Virtual stock options
- Community engagement - Hackathons, weekly tech talks, external training budgets.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities - we have a clearly defined career and salary ladder
- Company product credit and free German lessons
- Relocation support package